Published by Peggy on 03 Jan 2012 at 04:44 pm
Thanks to our amazing fundraisers and supporters, we’ve reached our goal of $50,000 to pay for the development of our global sustainability community! I would like to express my deepest gratitude for your role in helping to empower 1,000s of changemakers around the world. In fact, I want to reach out to all of you and give you each an enormous hug of thanks.
Thank you! Obrigado! Gracias! Merci beaucoup! Grazie mille! Xie xie! Terima kasih! Schönen Dank!
We’ve made our fundraising target. Now what’s next?
We believe that 2012 is going to be changemaking year for all of us. WiserEarth started almost five years ago with the aim of building visibility for the work of activists, nonprofits and social change organizations around the world. However, our community members realized that the real impact of our work takes place when we start working together, when we connect with others and share what we are doing. We need to keep developing the tools and the infrastructure to support this sharing.
Here are some of the things we’re planning on doing this year:
- Improve the technical infrastructure of the WiserEarth platform so that you can get more out of the free online tools such as the groupware and event organizing tools.
- Support project sharing and the exchange of best practices through WiserLocal gatherings around the world. We plan on increasing these from 12 to 50 locations around the world by the end of 2012. If you don’t yet have a gathering in your city, let us know and we’ll help you to get one up and running.
- Empower activists in China and beyond by making the site available in Chinese and other languages.
Did you know?
WiserEarth operates on a tiny fraction of the resources that are used by similar websites (many of which are also collecting your data for commercial purposes).
- WiserEarth only has 6 staff and over 85 volunteers at any given time.
- We are a global community of 63,054 members
- Our nonprofit directory includes 113,000 social change and environmental organizations from around the world
- The site has been translated by volunteers around the world into French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Bahasa Indonesian.
- All tools are free, ad-free and can be repurposed for use on your own website
- In 2011, over 1 million pieces of data was shared by members
- 98% of the annual fundraising campaign was done virtually i.e. online
- 263 individual donors supported WiserEarth in the last 2 months
For everyone who believes in WiserEarth – thank you once again.
With deepest appreciation for all that you do
|If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.|
One Response to “WE couldn’t have done it without you …Thank you !”
Leave a Reply