Published by Angus on 20 Oct 2011 at 09:24 am
WiserEarth has always championed transparency and openness. Since 2009, much of our content has been available through an API for repurposing on other sites. Now we have joined the “Slash Open” standard – putting our Open Data policy and accessibility on www.WiserEarth.org/open.
So what does that mean exactly? Well we are sharing what data sets are available, how they can be accessed, and what support is provided if you have questions or suggestions:
- Organization Directory – all data fields except email address, sample data
- Event Listings – all data fields, sample data
- Job Listings – all data fields, sample data
- Resource Listings – all data fields, sample data
- Solutions Listings – all data fields except email addresses, sample data
- Member Directory – limited data, sample data
- Unless specified otherwise, all WiserEarth data is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License.
Ways to Access Data:
- WiserEarth API Developer Group: For answers to your technical questions and sample code.
- Help Desk: For answers to your non-technical questions
- Support Email: For email support
We are always looking to make WiserEarth’s data more accessible. Please provide your suggestion on our Help Desk.
Click here to find out more about the Slash/Open standard
|If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.|
Leave a Reply